Saturday, August 16, 2008

Update on stuff

Wow, I haven't updated this in a while. I'm about 10" into the body of the Tree Jacket, but I just finished the first sleeve. Because I want to make the sweater longer then the pattern calls for, and I am worried about yardage, I decided that I am going to knit the sleeves first, then finish the body, either stopping when it is long enough or when I run out of yarn, whichever comes first. I am a little worried that the sleeve is too short (it comes in at 19" from underarm) and that it will be too baggy. But I won't really know until I try it on my sister (come December).

My socks are progressing nowhere, both the ones for myself and the ones for Kati, I just haven't been in a sock knitting mood.

I bought some Malabrigo yesterday from Twisted, I think I will make myself a wonderful little hat, it will be glorious.

I think i am going to scrap the Seascape Stole, and try a different kind of shawl, I have been finding it too frustrating.

Jason's Gryffindor scarf is also behind schedule, I have also been finding it boring to knit.

Granted, it's not really behind schedule, since these are all christmas presents.

2 comments:

Yarndude said...

Wow, holiday knitting in August, you're WAY ahead of schedule!

Wil said...

I know that If I don't start finishing things now, I'll never make it...