Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tuesday Night Open Knit at Twisted

I went to the Open Knit night tonight at Twisted. It was nice to meet even more Portland knitters. The more I am meeting, the more I realize that this is a group of people that I would really like to be a part of. The knitters at this group were a little more awkward then those at Queer Knitting, but I think it's because there were many new people and they didn't have the kind of familiarity that the people of QK have. Kate and Sarah were there tonight, and it was good to see them again. I like them.

I've decided that I need to start a new project besides my scarf. I pulled some of my Mystery Yarn out of my stash and am knitting up a penguin to kind of get me started. I found this beautiful shawl on knitty that I might make for my mother. It is super light and I think that it would work really well for her trips to alaska where she needs something sort-of-formal. I am also going to try and knit gifts for the whole family for christmas this year, and we'll see how that actually goes...

No comments: