Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sweaters, Stoles, and Scarves

I've been working on the Tree Jacket sweater for two days now, and it is going swimmingly. I am a little worried about the sizing, the yarn i'm using is DK (the pattern calls for worsted) but my gauge swatch was right on. It's a top down sweater, and everyone who sees it keeps asking if I'm knitting a sleeve, when it is actually the neck. I'm hoping it will block and streach a lot when I'm done.

I am also worried that I will run out of yarn, I don't think I will, but it will be a close call.

The Stole project is not going swimmingly, I'm frustrated by it and I keep haveing to pull it back. Part of me just wants to give up, but the yarn I got is georgous, and I think I just need to do it.

The scarf for Jason that I'm knitting is also going well, it gets a little boreing, but I can pick it up when I get overwhelmed by the sweater (or the stole).

So far, I'm enjoying having multiple projects going at the same time, it's good to be able to move between them and get stuff done.

Today, I need to go to Twisted and wind some more of the sweater yarn, I just can't do it out of those stupid little balls, I prefer the cake. I also learned that the yarn is 20% Possum (really Delaka), which is a fact I think I won't tell my sister.

2 comments:

KateB said...

Haha, no worries, the New Zealand possum is actually an ENTIRELY different animal than the creepy American possum.

Check it out:
http://www.possumnz.com/

You can get a whole possum bed cover!

KateK8 said...

Ack, the possum yarn! I have an irrational fear of possums and was super creeped out by that yarn when I was working at Twisted. I see that you have a ton of projects now, how does the addiction feel?